Calvary college students give big to help missionary
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
- The W Hotel - Along with our team, many of you and others around the country prayed for a long time that we would find the perfect meeting space for Sunday mornings. We believe that we have found that space at The W Hotel. This venue allows us a great worship space and also a separate room for our Children's ministry which is important to us. We found great favor with Mark, the sales manager, and are looking forward to our first service there on October 10, 2010. What an answer to prayer!!!
- Sundays - We start monthly preview services in October and weekly services in February. Until then, our team is visiting different churches in the city and the Bay Area in the mornings. This is a great chance for us to worship with and learn from other churches. In the evenings we gather as a team at the Pilgreen house. Together we get to share a meal, sing, pray and are encouraged. Ben Pilgreen also uses this time to share the vision of Epic Church.
- Decisions and Process - We are the busiest we have been since moving here but are making great progress and having fun along the way. With our first preview service less than 3 months away we are in the process of a ton of things. We are developing marketing strategies, buying equipment, thinking through our preview services, meeting people, etc.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Fast-forward to six weeks ago. The Lees arrived in San Francisco with their moving van on a Monday. I arrived Wednesday. Since the moment I got off the plane they have been helping me fall in love with this city. Some of my favorite experiences include:
- Celebrating my birthday with the whole Epic gang (Ben Lee was kind enough to bake a cake)
- Saturday mornings at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
- Exploring neighborhoods in the city on Saturday afternoons with a rotating cast: our gracious friend Josh, varying members of the Epic team, and our friend Hannah, also from Tuscaloosa
- Experiencing the beginning of Epic Church as we met for dinner on Sundays
- Girl’s Night at the Orpheum Theatre to see Wicked
- The Musee D’Orsay Imressionism exhibit at the De Young Museum
- Celebrating my last night in the city with tapas in the Mission and gelato in Inner Sunset
Needless to say, this has been an incredible summer. I had a great learning experience working at the San Francisco VA for my nutrition internship. I also got to join some dear friends as they navigated their way through their first few weeks in San Francisco. I am so grateful for their generosity and unrelenting desire to share their home with me. I will return to Tuscaloosa with countless wonderful memories and a heart for San Francisco! God is truly at work in this city and I can’t wait to see how he chooses to use the Lees and Epic Church.
- Mary Kellye