In very few ways does it feel like I have been pregnant forever. For me, the time has flown by! I am thankful for that and credit it to still feeling so great most of the time. I know not everyone has that experience so I am beyond grateful! Because I feel so good, I keep thinking I have a ton of time left to get things ready and prepare but my sweet husband reminds me, we are running out of time :)
I woke up today and somehow...
- I have passed the 37 week mark, which means baby boy is full term
- I have less than 20 days until my due date
- We spent 8 hours at a birthing class
- We've had 2 baby showers where friends and family and have given generously to our family
- We have a nursery (almost completed) with a crib and a changing table area and a glider
- A closet FULL of cloths from newborn to 12months (thanks for ALL the hand me downs)
- The car seat is secure in the car
- My hospital bag is packed...well it's getting there
I am still walking to work and home everyday and will continue to as long as I feel up to it. I am starting to find myself slowing down a bit. I can still do most things, it just takes me longer to do them. I go to the doctor on Monday and we start weekly visits until the little one arrives. Two weeks ago I was excited about getting an ultrasound, as I have only had two throughout my pregnancy (9wks & 18wks). The ultrasound was to confirm that baby was in the proper position, head down, which thankfully he is! It was so fun to get a quick glimpse of our baby - it had been too long! It's a little wild for me to think that next time we see him, it will be face to face.
Here are some of the highlights fromt the last 18 weeks :)
|Ben painting the nursery|
|Family Shower in New Orleans (27wks)|
|Babymoon in Mexico (28wks)|
|Epic Church Shower (31wks)|