Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Ben goes to Uganda

As some of you may know, Ben  is leaving on a mission trip tomorrow for Kampala, Uganda with Epic Church.  I, of course, would love to go but am THRILLED that he is getting the chance to head overseas for the first time.

*Ben is packed and ready to go!


In December, Epic Church started a partnership with United Christian Center, a local church, in Kampala, Uganda through Compassion International.  Our church got the chance to give money, sponsor 38 children form this project and now work alongside people there.

Ben and I decided to sponsor a 6 year old little boy named Fred.  Fred lives in Kampala with his mother and two sisters.  We have exchanged 2 letters and pictures so far.  This coming week, Ben will have the chance to hang out with Fred all day and meet his family!!  To be able to meet our sponsor child is a dream come true :)

Please pray for Ben and the Epic team of 14 who begin their journey tomorrow afternoon.  The team will be blogging updates throughout the trip.  You can check it out here.  I will also update as I receive information from Ben.  I will be traveling to New Orleans and having my sister out to SF while Ben is gone.  Prayers for me and Little Lee are also appreciated.  I am just a week and a half away from the third trimester and will post updates about baby and nursery soon!

Much love,

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment