- 196 San Franciscans showed up! We could not have been more excited about this!
- Over 45 local adults served before, during and after the service! We also had 2 mission teams from TX and FL as well as help from two churches in the bay area.
- There were 65 first time guest who shared their information with us on the communication card.
- 7 people indicated they would like to become a followers of Jesus!! And 10 people indicated they would like to volunteer during the next service!
- About 45 minutes before the service started we had a 5 minute meeting with all of our volunteers. It was so neat to see this HUGE circle of people who have decided to be a part of Epic.
- I met with all my Epic Kids workers and was moved to tears by their sacrifice and service. You see, when someone serves in Epic Kids, they miss the entire worship service. I looked around the table to see 10 people willing to miss the Grand Opening so that kids can experience God's love and hear his truth in an age appropriate setting - their example of selflessness was inspiring.
- To actually be able to hear the crowd singing "Our God is Greater" was something I will never forget. It's the first time I've heard our crowd overwhelming sing in any of the services. For a moment, I realized where we were and what God was doing and again overwhelmed, tears..:)
- Ben Pilgreen challenged people to spend the next four weeks seeking God with us on Sunday mornings and throughout the week to see what they find. I know of several people who said they would take this challenge. Praying for God to continue to reveal himself to us and these people.
- After the service I got to briefly speak with a woman. She held my hand and with tears in her eyes, she told me that she had a story. I told her I would love to hear it. She told me that it's time for a new beginning in her life and since Epic is just beginning too maybe she could start her new beginning with Epic. I told her I would love for her to. We are getting lunch later this week. I can't wait to hear more.