Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

no choice but to be thankful...

It's 10:25pm on Thanksgiving Eve and as I think about my life I have no choice but to be thankful. The more I reflect on the last year, the more overwhelmed I am by this ongoing, never-ending list of reasons I am grateful. Here are just few...

I am thankful for my husband-
  • Because he makes me laugh so hard my stomach starts to hurt
  • Because he loves me when I'm selfish
  • Because he works hard to provide for me and to protect me
  • Because his faith has been tested and he has persevered
  • Because he is compassionate toward those around him
I am thankful for friends
  • Because they challenge and encourage me to be a better wife and follower of God
  • Because they pray for me
  • Because they ask tough questions and demand honest, no bs answers
  • Because they celebrate great moments with me and when the not so great moments come, they share in bearing the burden and then tell me when to stop feeling sorry for myself :)
  • Because they let me call or drop by at a moment's notice when I need to talk
  • Because they inspire me with their stories of faith and how they live
I am thankful for God
  • because he saved me
  • because when I was at my worst, Christ died for me
  • because he loves me according to his character and not my own
  • because he wants to work through my life
  • because he provides for us and is faithful
I am thankful for Calvary Church and The Well college ministry who sent me out with abundant blessings to live life and walk with God in San Francisco. I am thankful for many people I know well and don't know at all who continue to believe and invest in me. I am thankful for Epic Church and the chance to be a part of a team starting a church here.

We have celebrated some great moments over the last year and we have struggled through tough times. At the end of the day I look at my life - I have a husband, family, friends and a God who loves me and is for me...and so I have no choice but to be thankful!




1 comment:

  1. Great post! We all have so much to be thankful for! Thankful for you and your ministry in my life!

    ReplyDelete