Ben and I were recently talking about his job. It continues to be confirmed that God provided the perfect job for Ben at this time in our lives. Here are just a couple of stories and fun things I wanted to share with you!
- Ben loves the work he is getting to do right now. He is working hard and busy all the time with projects. He gets the opportunity to manage creative projects and design promotional campaigns.
- Ben really enjoys the people he works with too which is great! It was fun for me to meet many of his co-workers recently
- The Credit Union did really well last year and wanted to reward the employees with a big party. There was a filet mignon dinner, pictures, party dresses and LOTS of dancing!
- At a quarterly meeting Ben received a $20 bill because he had perfect attendance the last three months!
- When Ben received a grocery gift card for Christmas, we were grateful.
- BUT then the Credit Union said they would pay for movie tickets for anyone who went for Valentine's Day weekend...we didn't know what to think...what a great place to work?!
The fun gifts are definitely great but what is even greater is the principle from which they come. Ben works for an organization that cares about him (and me) holistically, not just about the work he can do for them. A couple of weeks ago Ben ate breakfast with the CEO and it was refreshing to know that he wants the best for his employees. The CEO gave Ben, and others, the freedom to share the highs and lows of working and commuting. He also gave them time to share their dreams and hopes for the Credit Union.
Some of you prayed for months, even close to two years for the job Ben would get in San Francisco. We lived in San Fran for four months before he received this job. It was a tough time of waiting and trusting that God would provide. While I hate to admit this, at some points we stopped praying for an amazing job and just prayed for ANY job. We're grateful that God not only provided for our needs, but He also provided an amazing opportunity for Ben to learn and grow and work and pursue his passions for marketing in a quality environment. We are so thankful for your prayers and I hope you will rejoice and celebrate with us!
With love - Lindsey